With candidates actively looking online for opportunities and using sites like LinkedIn for applications, social media is a crucial resource that recruiters shouldn’t skip out on using.
Research compiled by Betterteam reinforces this idea with 70% of hiring managers claiming that social media helped them successfully hire candidates. Additionally, the research shows that 89% of companies are planning to actively use social media to recruit. So what does that mean for recruiters? Social media is the place to be! But before you’re off and tweeting it’s important to check you’re using correctly. Here are a few top tips for recruiters when it comes to social media:
- Consistency is key. Make sure all of your social media accounts are consistent and updated regularly.Use the same profile picture across your platforms, and post daily. Whether you use a scheduler or hire someone to handle your social media management, staying active will attract more attention and show that you are an expert in your field.
- Know who you’re looking for. It’s important to know what you’re looking for before you start looking so narrow down your ideal audience and use social media tools available to target them properly.
- Think mobile first. Nowadays, most people use their mobiles to look at social media and browse job site apps so it’s key to ensure that your social media posts are optimized for mobile. You don’t want to put effort into creating posts that they can’t see!
- Be friendly, but not too friendly. It’s great to add a touch of personality to your posts and conversations, but remember that your goal is to recruit talent – not make friends.
- Facebook Ads. You can run targeted ads on Facebook and engage with interested individuals in the comments**.**Use this tool to make sure your ads are reaching the optimal amount of people.
- Frequent and proactive. Use LinkedIn daily and don’t hesitate to directly reach out to people.That’s what it’s for! As long as you’re not spamming the same people day in, day out, there’s no limit to how many messages you’re sending out. The greatest tool in sales and recruitment is the follow up.
- Get connected on LinkedIn. Peoplewant to see that you’re well-connected and you can boost your status by connecting with over 500 people. Once you have the “500+” on your profile, candidates will take you more seriously.
- Go live. Host live video chats on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter to engage potential Don’t forget that you’re a direct reflection of your business. Have Q&A sessions and webinars to show that your company cares about candidates and can truly help them.
- Get creative and get noticed. Creating captivating graphics (infographics, images, and videos) will stand out in social feeds and inspire shares. Don’t have a graphic design background? We’ve got your back! Use Canva – a free, easy resource.
Now, are you using social media to its highest potential for your business? After reading these 9 tips you should feel confident that you will be. Social media can be your greatest resource as a recruiter if used to its full potential. So, start practicing these essential tips to build your network and attract and engage more candidates.